Monday, October 18, 2010

I posted this on my other site, but I wanted to share it here too.

I'm not sure if anyone really even reads this anymore. I haven't posted in three months, but here goes.

I have Endometriosis. After 2 1/2 yrs of wondering what the heck has been wrong with me, it has been confirmed. I had surgery on Thursday, and they found a growth the size of 2 ping pong balls. Gross huh! I also had smaller instances of endo throughout. I finally don't feel like I'm crazy anymore. It took 3 doctors and 2 1/2 yrs to finally find a doctor that was willing to listen to me and take appropriate action.

I must say though, I am still a little depressed. The diagnosis of Endo means that I will most likely always deal with infertility. I could need more surgeries in the future, and I will have a greater risk of miscarriage if I do get pregnant. It's all very scary. Regardless, I am trying to keep cool until I have my surgery follow up about 3 wks from now.

I am also mourning the loss of my belly button. It looks really weird, because that is where the primary incision for my surgery was. I am optomistic that it will again look like a normal navel after the swelling goes down, but I was in tears yesterday when I took of the bandages.

Wish me luck on everything. I'm glad that at least I know what is going on. If GI Joe is right, then knowing is half the battle!

2 comments:

Kristin said...

So weird, I was just on our FF group, thinking about you so I decided to check out your blog to see if you had any new posts. It says you posted 5 mins ago so that's pretty crazy!

I think it is great news that you figured out what the problem is!! It may not be what you wanted to hear and is probably very hard to deal with but since you know what is going on with your body now, you and the drs can try harder to get you pregnant! ;)

If it helps at all, my cousin has endo & PCOS. At the age of 16 she was told she would NEVER have children, that her chances were slim to none, yet after struggling with infertility and depression and years of trying, she now has a beautiful 2 year old daughter. :) It CAN happen!

It was so nice to get an update, and I hope you will continue to update on here. (We miss you on FF too! Hope you'll find your way back to our group eventually!)

*HUGS* --Kristin :)

Hackergrl said...

Thank you for the encouragement. I may be coming back to FF! Waiting until after my next doc appt first, but I may be back!